As a teacher there are certain things I look forward to in the year: children reaching milestones, the relationships built among the students as well as the families I interact with, and then there’s the holidays and breaks.
Spring Break is a big one for me.
It’s typically during the Spring, hence the wording, and so the weather is nice, the kids and I are all getting antsy to spend more time outside, and it allows me to have “me” time without feeling guilty. So, what plans do I have this Spring Break? Well, I’m glad you asked…
- Gather all items not being used, pack them up, and ship to the GoodWill.
- Prepare the family garden: till the ground, add fertilizer, and decide which fruits and veggies we plan to grow this year.
- Sand and stain the antique dining room table
- Clean off the back porch and side yard (prepare for construction of a new chicken coop and run!)
- Establish my morning workout routine (get up at the crack of dawn and head to the gym)
- Organize my shit! I may or may not have some ADHD tendencies, along with my husband and children, so organization is really a struggle for us, but NOT being organized causes me soooo much anxiety that I know I need to get all this under control and put into place. In the long run, I will be a much happier person with an organized living space….I hope. 🙂
Things to do with the kiddos…
We live in an awesome city…it’s not too big, not too small, and it banks itself on tourism so really, all I need to do is drag my kids downtown and travel around like we’re newbies to it all.
- Hug A Bunny Day at the Chattanooga Zoo
- Discovery Museum
- Picnic in the park
- Chuck E Cheese
So, there we have it…my long list of things to do. Do I honestly believe we’ll get it all done? No, no I don’t, but at least a Momma can dream…right?!